- Food is one of the most environmentally polluting economic sectors (production, consumption).
- Big cities are the most polluting population centres in the world.
- Crisis of democratic legitimacy: more and more layers of the population are disengaging from the political process.
- Increase options and training for citizens to consider ecological and local food production as a viable option and promoter of their individual and social wellbeing.
- Boost more liveable cities through the extension of community-led green spaces.
- Encourage citizen participation in configuring the way cities operate.